Accepting Applications for the RTOGF Communications Internship
March 27, 2023
NEW APPLICATION DEADLINE!
The RTOG Foundations Committee is searching for communications interns! This will be a 12-month internship, ideal for radiation oncology residents looking for ways to get involved with cancer research and other organizational activities. Interns will work with RTOG communications staff to create social media content around RTOG Foundation trials. Interns will attend virtual meetings with the communications team, RTOG foundation board meetings, and will also have the opportunity to attend a RTOG investigators meeting. There will be a $1000 stipend for each intern.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Please submit a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com by APRIL 1, 2023.
Communications Internship Details:
The RTOG Foundation seeks to develop the next generation of clinical investigators interested in designing transformative clinical trials for cancer patients. To that end, we are offering an internship for medical students to learn about the structure of RTOG Foundation, and participate in creating content for the communications committee to use to support research efforts. Duties would include the following (virtual participation):
- Weekly meetings with RTOG foundation communications specialists
- Collaborating on patient facing videos to support enrollment in RTOG Foundation clinical trials
- Collaborating on creation of social media content to support the mission of RTOG Foundation and/or serve as social media ambassadors for NRG
- Creation of education material around partnership opportunities with RTOG Foundation
- Attend monthly RTOG Foundation Communications Committee meetings and NRG Oncology Communications Committee meetings
- Attend monthly RTOG Foundation Board meetings – committee report out session
- Attend RTOG Foundation Investigator Meetings
The RTOG Foundation will offer 2 internship positions, of 12 months duration, with a stipend of $1000 each. Time commitment will be 1-2 hours per week on average.